I was invited to be a part of FOG Canada. FOG is the short form for Friends of Gujarat Canada. This organization recognizes people of the Gujarati culture that have made a difference to the community. I was invited by one of the committee members, as they found out that I had won a title in Miss Teenage Canada. I gave a speech on my inspiration to participate in this pageant, and some of the struggles that came along the way. One of the main struggles I faced was other people’s opinions on me participating, as well as the stigma surrounding pageants. I had the opportunity to meet the councillor of my Brampton ward, and discuss the plans I had to launch my own NGO to help with kids education and extracurricular activities. I also got the chance to meet other great young individuals who had made a difference and served the community. I am very thankful for my plaque and will cherish it forever. I will keep it as a reminder to keep helping the community and make a difference!
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Aveda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.